Thursday, October 18, 2012

Desire.

A weird name for a blog post I realize , but it's the only word strong enough to define how much I want Zoe (and any other daughter I  may have) to know what I'm about to write. 

The biggest thing I want my daughter(s) to grow up knowing or whatever, aside from the love that the Lord and their parents have for them ,  is to be happy in their own skin.

By that I mean I don't want them to feel ugly or too fat or feel bad because they might not be what the world defines as beautiful. That doesn't mean I want them weighing in at 400 pounds , because then I'd worry about their health. I just want them to be happy with who they are.

So what if they're a little chunky or have a little more meat on them than the models these days do. I want them to be happy being just the way they are. I want to be able to set that example for them. Sure my goal is to weigh 135 , but that's a healthy weight for my age/height. ( I looked it up )

The other day this song came on and I sang it to Zoe to get her to stop crying , and I just sat in the car and cried my eyes out because it's exactly how I feel about her , and how I want her to feel about herself , and know that her father and I feel that way about her.
That ends that part of my blog rant. In addition to that video can I add a video I listen to EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. because I'm that addicted to the song. Yes ? good.

No comments:

Post a Comment