Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Written Word ( I'm back !!)

      People say that I don't know how lucky I am to have been born a princess. That every girl grows up dreaming that someday she will be a princess. That a handsome prince will ride up on a white horse , they'll fall in love and live happily ever after. Not me. I was born Princess Isla Odette Kensington. Third in line to the throne. All I want is to live my life out of the eyes of the people. To be just another person in the crowd. 
      My days are spent studying how to be the perfect leader , should the throne ever become mine. If it doesn't I will be married off to some prince, in order to maintain the peace. An arranged marriage. We're one of the only kingdoms to still participate in the barbaric practice. Why I can't marry for love is beyond my comprehension. 

        "This is the way it's been for years though , and my father is very big on tradition. He didn't meet my mother until their wedding day, but looking at them you'd never know. My brother , the one who is next in line for the throne that is , thinks it's the most romantic thing to ever happen. What does he know ? I'm glad it worked out for my parents and my brother , but I don't want to leave my happiness up to fate. I want to make my own happiness. "



     In other news , I'm sorry it took me so long to get back into the blogging game. I'm hoping to get better at it now that things are starting to get back to normal. You know. Gregg going to school , Zoe Going to school. ( Update on that later !! )

No comments:

Post a Comment