Wednesday, September 23, 2015

A Return to Blogging

I've been in such a funk lately. I reached a point where I was like " I'm not blogging again until I can do our annual Zoe update." Which meant this got put off a few weeks. I don't know why I was in that mood , but here we are. I'm back , and I'll have a few posts going up soon. I'll try to have them going up soon anyways. I have good intentions. I promise.

Anyways. Here's the Annual Zoe Update :

{ Picture to come soon promise }


At Zoe's Dr. appointment a lot of things went down. Our regular , and favorite doctor, just retired. We spent a good deal just getting to know the man who took over all our original doctors patients. He's a great guy and SO good with Zoe. I'm so glad we have a doctors office who hires such great doctors. It's situations like these that make me afraid to ever move, because we have such great things going on medical wise here in Provo.

Anyways. After getting vitals taken, which Zoe thought was SO cool , since she got to have the blood pressure cuff for the first time ever. She talked about it for the rest of the day.

So final stats for Zoe at 3 are :

Weight is 32lbs , which puts her at a 6 pound weight gain since May of this year. She's now in the 68th percentile for that.

Height is 36.5 in or if you want to do feet , she's exactly 3 feet tall. haha. so almost a good 2 feet shorter than me. I'm predicting she'll be taller than me , even though as it stands , she's currently below average for height . She comes in in the 37th percentile for height.

BMI , or her height to weight ratio , is 17.1. that puts her in the 83rd percentile , which is where her doctor wants to see her. He said they want kids to be in between the 3rd and 85th percentile at this age, so he's happy with that. Although he said it is time to cut back on the milk intake since she did gain so nicely.

Since this post has turned into kind of a novel , I'll close by saying that we learned she does still have this heart murmur. The doctor thinks it's benign , but if he still hears it when she hits puberty , we're going to have to see a cardiologist. ( Yeah , I never got it checked out last year ugh. ) So here's to hoping nothing serious is going on with her heart. She's keeping up with other kids her age , so he thinks she'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment