Thursday, February 11, 2016

Egg Roll in a Bowl

      I have a food blog as well , but I figured since I eventually want to combine the two blogs I'd go ahead and post this delicious recipe here. I just need Gregg to learn how to make me a website blog and we'll be good to go. So hopefully the end of the year latest. Everyone cross your fingers haha. 

     I've started doing this Lifestyle change of eating and I'm telling you right now this is my most favorite recipe. The one I crave daily. In fact we weren't so sure I was going to be able to have this done before Gregg needed to leave for work. ( I did get it done before then by the way.) Gregg said he was willing to be a little late because this is worth it. So you know it's good. #HusbandApproved 

     Anyways , without further ado , I give you the tutorial on how to make Egg Roll in a Bowl. The food sure to satisfy your craving for Chinese food healthily. and it makes a lot. Also , you can eat as much as you want without feeling bad. That's the best kind of food in my opinion. 


Ingredients: 


  • 2lbs Ground Beef
  • 2 Medium Onions Chopped 
  • 2-3 Tbsp Sesame oil 
  • 4 Garlic Cloves Minced
  • 2 tsp Ground Ginger
  • 1/3 C. Soy Sauce
  • 1 bag Coleslaw mix
  • 4 Green Onions finely chopped
  • Salt and Pepper 
Directions: 

  • Brown meat in a ( really ) large skillet over medium heat , until completely cooked through. It will look something like the picture below. The amount in my skillet is probably just under 2lbs. I bought a 5Lb roll of beef and divided it into thirds. 


  • Turn heat up to medium High heat and add Sesame Oil and Chopped onions. I forgot to buy onions at the store today, So I did what I always do when that happens ; use up the rest of one onion , and dump half of my chopped Onion seasoning into the pan. I promise it tastes just as great. 
          Also , fun fact : You can use any oil you have on hand to make this , but I really suggest  splurging on Sesame oil if you don't already own it. It really does make the meal taste authentic.I promise you won't be let down. 

Let's pretend this isn't sideways shall we?

What it should look like after Sesame Oil and Onions are added. 

  • In a small bowl mix Garlic , Ginger , and Soy sauce. Add to skillet. Immediately add coleslaw mix and stir well. ( This is where the really big skillet comes in handy.) The coleslaw will threaten to spill over , but no worries , it will shrink down to fit. I promise. Stir for several more minutes until Coleslaw is tender and wilted. Stirring often. ( Wilted sounds gross , I know , but It's the best way to describe how tender you want it. ) I failed to take a picture of what the mixture should look like , so here's one of what it should look like after everything is added in. 


  • Turn off heat . Add Green Onions , Salt, and Pepper. Stir one last time to combine , then enjoy. 

I never claimed to be a food photographer , but this is so good. Tastes so much better than it looks on here I promise. You can serve it over rice or quinoa if you so choose. I choose to eat it plain. It's very good. 

And there you have it friends. Now i'm off to grab a second helping of this delicious meal. 




No comments:

Post a Comment