Wednesday, August 3, 2016

I had a birthday!!!

So , if you weren't aware , I had a birthday yesterday. I turned 28!! Kind of  a big deal , but not really. Anyways. I had made a list of 30 things I wanted to do before I was 30 years old , and the first of those 3 years I had is done. (what?!?!) So I decided to give you guys the update on what I had completed. I included things that were still in progress , because I believe progress should count for something. 


27-28 
  1. Learn a new language. ( I'm thinking Spanish) Decided on Italian, and is a current work in Progress. 
  2. Be Healthier.  I'm counting this because A) I'm drinking way more water than I used to. B) I'm actively buying healthier foods and making sure I have all the food groups on the plate each meal. and C) As a result we're eating out less. Go me! 
  3. Do more Service.  I actually probably shouldn't count this , but , I did help a neighbor out with her service project. I also cooked a LOT of meals for families who had just welcomed new babies into the ward. 
  4. Send more Happy Mail.  I sent all of 2 packages and 2 letters so far this year , So I'm considering this a major win. Plus I'm 90% positive I mailed off Christmas/New Years cards as well. I'm definitely counting this as done. 
  5. Lose 34 pounds. This is a work in progress. I'm currently at 18 pounds lost. I mean , weight loss is weight loss. That's why I feel justified in counting this towards my goal. 
  6. Do one thing that Scares me. Completed 12/21/2015 when I got my wisdom teeth removed. 
  7. Clear the Clutter.  I still have a lot more to get rid of i'm sure , but I do have a huge pile of stuff to sell or give to D.I. , so I'm counting this.
  8. Read Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants. This one is a work in Progress. I got all the way to 4th Nephi before starting over. So I'm starting fresh again. 
  9. Go on a Family Disney Vacation.  Back in March , Gregg's family took all of the Brinkerhoffs on a huge Disney family vacation. It was wonderful and I actually got to accomplish a lifetime dream of going to California. 
  10. Move out of Current Apartment. Completed 7/1/2015 when we moved across the street into a new apartment haha. 
Other Items on the list for my 30 before 30 are listed below for your viewing pleasure. 
  1. Cook way through a cookbook. 
  2. Read Old Testament. 
  3. Work on Credit. ( This will be an ongoing thing obviously , and a precursor to my last list) 
  4. Lose 36 pounds.
  5. Buy a new Kitchen Table.
  6. Be a Happy Person. 
  7. Read New Testament.
  8. Go on a cruise with Gregg.
  9. Host more Game Nights with Friends.
  10. Start " Going Green." 
  11. Be more Crafty. 
  12. Do something Gregg wants to do without whining about it
  13. Volunteer for N.I.L.M.D.T.S ( Read more about them Here
  14. Get back to wedding weight. 
  15. Start Saving for Adoption.
  16. Go back to school. 
  17. Journal more. 
  18. Join a Yoga Class.
  19. Get new wedding ring. 
  20. Buy a house. ( maybe. we'll see where we're at financially and education/job wise by then. ) 
Anyways , for my birthday I had a nice really relaxed day. Zoe woke up at 6:30 am. Gregg got up with her. Deep cleaned the entire apartment. We took naps. Woke up and played for a little bit. Then we went and got Taco Bell for dinner. We're planning on Cinnamon Rolls for my birthday "cake" sometime this weekend. Probably Saturday or Sunday. It's been a great year, and I'm looking forward to what being 28 brings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment